The ideal candidate will have :
a) High School diploma or equivalent required.
a) 1-3 years experience as a heavy equipment mechanic required.
b) Military experience in applicable MOS for Heavy Equipment Mechanic verified by DD214 or equivalent civilian training or certificate required.
c) Work experience may be substituted for educational requirements and/or educational achievements may be substituted for years of experience. Example: Two (2) years of experience is equivalent to (2) years of college and vice versa.
Specialized knowledge and skills:
a) Must complete General Trade Skills PQS within 30 days of hire.
b) Must have knowledge of diesel engines.
c) Must have the ability to analyze and interpret US Army Technical Manuals with relation to vehicle
maintenance and repair.
d) Must be able to function with a basic level of English oral and written language skills, through demonstrated
proficiency, testing or both.
e) Valid Driver’s License required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
a) Ability to perform job duties efficiently and effectively during ahours work week ( depends by location).
b) Must be able to lift 25 lbs. continuously, 50 lbs. intermittently.
c) Must be able to work in extreme environmental conditions including dust and high temperatures.
d) Must be able to endure long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
Purpose: Perform the full range of engineer/ heavy equipment maintenance repairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs a full range of overhaul, repair, and service on all engineer/ heavy equipment maintenance at the Field and Sustainment level of Maintenance.
2. Performs maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on various pieces of heavy equipment including but not limited to military and civilian heavy equipment..
3. Ensure strict compliance to safety practices and support the Safety Policies and Procedures.
4. Instills a safety first mentality within respective work areas and a culture that achieves low accident rates and minimal lost-time injuries.
5. Adhere to ISO Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions in support of the Quality Management System.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
We Offer :
1. Very good tax free salary in US$.
2. Housing free of charge.
3. Paid flight ticket in and out theatre to/from country of origin ( start/end of contract and also once a year for holiday )
4. 1 year firm contract with the possibility of renewal for good workers.
5. EOSB ( end of service benefit ) if the 1 year contract is fulfilled. Amount varies depending on location but not less than 15 paid days accrued annually as a bonus at the end of contract.
6. Last but not least, safe and fair work environment along with . Army personnel.