Front-end Software Engineer
Mittlere Stufe (2-5 Jahre), Höhere Stufe (5-10 Jahre)
Diese Stelle ist nicht mehr aktiv, aber Sie können Ihre Bewerbung senden
Poken () is a fast growing global start-up with offices in Lausanne, Romania, and the United States, and sales in over 25 countries. Poken is a leader in touch-based marketing and lead generation. We strive to bridge the gap between the physical world and the online world, by providing a unique digital “social business card” that allows you to collect people and digital content (QR codes, NFC tags/phones, NFC pokens), and share your contact information and social networking profiles (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, …) in real life. Poken also operates a dynamic online community where Pokenauts can manage their social contacts and events in one central place.
What We’re Looking For:
Poken is looking for an experienced Frontend software engineer to design and develop the next generation of touch-based marketing and social media this role we are seeking individuals who value building quality software and strive to do things “the right way”. You should have experience in working with a software development life cycle (preferably agile). The role requires working closely with our existing teams in Switzerland and Romania.
This position will be based in our office in Sibiu, Romania; it reports to the Head of Software Engineering. Preferred candidates hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 2+ years of related experience. Fluency in English and Romanian is required, both written and spoken.
- Implement new features.
- Enhance and maintain existing software applications§ Work in a fast-moving environment with developers and product managers
- Insure cross-browser compatibility.
Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of PHP 5+. Experience with Symphony a plus.
- Experience designing and developing professional database-driven web applications and services
- Experience in software development methodologies, in particular agile development and testing
- Experience in performance optimization and scalability is a plus
- A spirit for open source software is a plus
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to communicate with teams at worldwide locations over phone, email, or IM
- Exceptional problem solving abilities
- Committed to excellence, thoroughness, and details, while balancing perfection with timely delivery of projects and features
- Take initiatives to ensure, improve and promote quality
- Genuine passion for innovative products, great software, and social media
- Work well in a fast-paced environment with multiple on-going projects, changing priorities, and challenging deliverables