Höhere Stufe (5-10 Jahre), Führungskraft (>10 Jahre)
Ich rekrutiere umzugsbereite Kandidaten
Brutto-Gehalt pro Monat
100000 - 125000 €
As Engineering Lead within our Merchant Operations department you will lead teams who build resilient systems to handle million requests per day without downtime. Your actions have a high impact in making Zalando become the best high quality Marketplace in the Fashion Industry. Ensuring article data quality, handling high-volume transactional and sensitive data, working on public facing interfaces for both developers and merchants and building applications from scratch, your teams optimise the overall merchant experience at an incredible, international scale.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Develop and execute mid- & long-term technical vision and architectural direction to Create highly scalable solutions
- Facilitate collaboration, communication and decision-making between the engineering team, product specialists and stakeholders. You partner with product owners, engineering and architecture teams to influence product strategy and drive the product development roadmap
- Attract, onboard, develop and retain diverse top talents to your team and transform the landscape of Zalando’s Merchant platform
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- A solid background in software engineering with a strong understanding of core priorities, KPI’s and underlying system architecture
- Significant experience leading and developing cross-functional engineering teams within an international, agile environment. You have effective communication skills in English, with an ability to understand and translate business and user requirements across teams
- Extensive experience in object-oriented and functional programming languages with a profound knowledge of REST APIs and highly distributed, scalable and resilient microservices landscapes
- You think creatively, are solution oriented, adaptable to change, and have a drive for continuous innovation
- Responsible for maintaining trustful relationship with your teams, leading them and setting a high standard as an example
- Keeping business in mind, you are capable of making your teams accountable and responsible for decisions made by providing strong sense of ownership.
At Zalando Merchant Operations we use a variety of languages, but most of our backend systems are written in Scala. We do have services written in Java, Go, NodeJS, Haskell and many more.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback,open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties and events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an International team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.