On receipt of dispatch task request for field delivery the Dispatch Coordinator liaises with customers to arrange on-site visits, locates field engineer in accordance with geography and product skill level acquired. Ensuring parts dispatch & engineer ETA meets Oracle's contractual support obligations with the customer. Variations to the main dispatch function can include the management of parts only dispatch to site, initiation of a task to dispatch from Oracle badged or partner engineer already on-site, assigning dispatch tasks to partner owned contracts for support in in-direct countries, and monitoring, chasing and securing expired parts returns from engineers, partners and customers.
• Accepts the ownership of assigned task.
• Organizes field intervention activities with customer, Oracle or partner engineer.
• Communicates with logistics to ensure that the arrival of parts and engineer to site meets customer expectations and contractual obligations. Arranges and coordinates shipments and transport.
• Identifies if a part is in stock to replace a faulty part identified by an engineer Technical Support Center (TSC) or Field. Dispatcher uses logistics tool Soleil or web-tools pertaining to the dispatch of third party products, to identify stock location and organize delivery of replacement part to customer site from Oracle service centre warehouse.
• Monitors queue of Service Request tasks to ensure all open tasks are being managed in a contractual timely manner and acts as an escalation point for out-of-line tasks, resolving discrepancies related to escalation activities from missing parts, late parts arrival, dead on arrival (DOA's) and customer dissatisfiers.
• Responsible for monitoring and minimizing costs in delivery of spare parts. Reports findings to Field and Partner management.
• Is responsible for initiating invoices for partner management activities in in-direct countries. Notifies partner manager of reoccurring customer/partner discrepancies.
• Engages in Field Change Order (FCO) process for delivery of FCO parts to customers. As well as parts activity management, Dispatcher may drive FCO Service Request tasks when appropriate.
• Responsible to collect, maintain and notify Entrance Permit related to on-site visit (when required) according to customer’s requirements and procedures and local law.
• Proven experience of Service Request management and resource control systems in support services environment
• Demonstrable Customer Services Experience.
• Some product knowledge an advantage in understanding spares component types, size & weight differentials.
• Local geographical knowledge required for matching engineer to on-site tasks.
• Has understanding of Logistics customs freight rules and Oracle Logistics parts ordering tools.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Portuguese
• Able to communicate and to negotiate with customer (understand issue and customer situation for cost-optimized delivery).
• Good customer care skills with the ability to resolve customer complaints efficiently.
• Organized, able to manage time efficiently and prioritize tasks and capable of remaining focused under pressure.
• Can be assertive and persuasive when dealing with Oracle badged engineers and partner engineers.
• Good understanding of Field Change Orders (FCO's) process and FCO parts shipments.
• Capable of managing and tracking outstanding spares as per outstanding for collection (OFC) status reports. And arranging parts returns.
• Able to provide utilization reports specific to dispatch activities to Field Managers and Partner Managers.