Location: Valencia, Spain
Position: DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR – SQL SERVER
Duration: Initial 6 months, renewable depending on performance and work volume
United-ITs is looking for a DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR – SQL SERVER for one of its clients in the United Nations. The International Computing Centre (ICC) was created in 1971 as an inter-organization facility to provide electronic data processing services for organizations within the United Nations system. The objectives of the Centre, as stated by its mandate, are to provide information and communication technology (ICT) services (including training) on an inter-organizational basis.
The successful candidate will provide on-going support to ICC DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR – SQL SERVER and related services and will participate in the automation projects and tasks for ICC and Partners.
The scope of work includes:
• Installation, configuration and support of SQL Server infrastructures.
• Day-to-day operational support and maintenance of SQL servers hosted at ICC including user service requests and service restorations.
• Follow-up on problem management cases including problem detection, logging, categorization, investigation, diagnosis and complete resolution plans.
• Assistance in the installation and configuration of new SQL Server infrastructures in accordance with established change management processes, including standalone and high-available environments.
• Coordination of maintenances and outages with infrastructure and business groups.
• Creation and configuration of databases, users and SQL Agent jobs.
• Configuration and support of SQL disaster recovery synchronizations.
• On-going patching and upgrades of SQL Server instances.
• Migrations of SQL Server environments and consolidation of SQL Server infrastructures.
• Capacity planning and reporting on SQL storage requirements.
• Deployment of tools and implementation of processes to assist in operational support and to align with industry standards and customer needs.
• Feasibility assessment, implementation, deployment and support of SQL Server services in Microsoft Public Cloud Azure.
• Documentation of operating processes, procedures and installations including technical diagrams and infrastructure setup.
• Identification of key areas for automation and optimization, including improvements in system performance, processes, and deployments.
• Stand-by services during weekends, official holidays and outside business hours as required.
The resource shall possess excellent knowledge of:
• Microsoft SQL Server, 2008 Rand 2014.
• High availability solutions including SQL Server AlwaysOn technology, Failover Clustering (FCI), Availability Groups (AVG).
• Disaster recovery technologies including database mirroring and transaction log shipping.
• SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Analysis Services (SSAS), Integration Services (SSIS), and Master Data Services.
• SQL Server Replication technology including snapshot, merge and transactional replications.
• SQL Server backups and database recovery procedures including the ability ro recover from failed processes and engine crashes.
• Storage technologies, disk arrays, SAN, data storage virtualization technologies (RAID levels, virtual fiber switches).