Compute/virtualization Engineer – Red Badge RFPM
This compute specialist will support the Swiss FAST-IT eam on the pre-sales opportunity development of full intend driven compute/storage architectures. Key elements of such an architecture include UCS, HyperFlex, Converged Systems (ex. FlashStack, FlexPod), automation with UCS-D, smart workload placement with Turbornomics (CWOM) etc.
At Cisco Switzerland, the Swiss Fast IT Team is focusing on Solutions in the Data Center and Public Cloud. We are working with a big lab environment to demonstrate the power of integrated solutions forming modern, automated infrastructure and inter-connecting on-premise and public cloud offerings.
What You'll Do Duties and Responsibilities:
• Build and configure modern data center architectures in our demo environment for specific customer presentations
• Support the local System Engineers in building new environments, labs or demo flow
• Write Scripts (pref. in Python, Ansible, Chef & Puppet) to integrate and automate tasks
• Prepare and support for customer “Proof of Concepts”
• Assist the local team in customer technical escalations with the TAC and keep the customer sentiment up
• Prepare and hold workshops and run learning classes with customer and partners
• Integrate Cisco and 3rd Party technologies to address customer requirements ex. a data protection soluitoased on Veeam
• Working with Engineering to diagnose and resolve critical issues
Collaborates with Swiss existing and new customers, Swiss AM’s and the entire Swiss DC team.
Skills / Requirements: