Are you a guru of Test Automation? Are you 10x more productive than the typical test lead? Do you have expertise in multiple testing platform and can effectively make tradeoffs between them for a given scenario? Are you interested in earning $100K USD while working for the best companies from the comfort of your home? Eager to join a network of the most talented remote workers in the world? If so, this role is for you.
Crossover is redefining the way people work. Brick and mortar offices are history. The future of our global workforce will be built from teams collaborating from every corner of the world. We have embarked on an expedition to find and engage with that talent. Crossover has developed a unique method of finding, curating, and managing remote contractors. Our platform connects customers to the world’s best talent for both technical and non-technical jobs. But we don’t just find the best, we also provide the tools, training, and relationship building support to ensure success for long term growth.
What to Expect as a Test Automation Chief Architect at Crossover
Are you ready to redefine how the industry develops, executes and maintains functional tests? You will play a dynamic leadership role in our fast-paced environment. You will be responsible for developing solutions to complex architectural problems, establishing and implementing automated testing strategies and being a hands-on peer leader of top development resources. As the owner for the architecture and technical delivery, you will effectively work as the CTO of the engagement with a startup mindset, wearing multiple hats from lead architect and developer on the most complex elements of the product to technical team leader to solution evangelist ensuring that the customers are blown away by the technical differentiation and quality of the product.
Qualifications for this Opportunity
A successful Test Automation Chief Architect at Crossover will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Bachelors degree from a top university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering.
- At least 8 years of experience in hands-on implementation and execution of automated test strategies within various technical and functional contexts.
- Experience developing automated UI test case framework
- Expertise in two or more of industry standard frameworks and tools - Test complete / Selenium/ Cucumber / Chai etc
- Expertise in defining testing strategies for enterprise solutions.
- Experience in leading multiple teams
- Excellent understanding of current enterprise software technologies and development practices/tools, including virtual environments, source control, remote development, issue tracking, build and test automation, and networking management
- Ability to engage sophisticated global customers in deep technical discussions, making them confident that you know their problem better than they do
- A true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach; demonstrated success as a problem solver, operating as a result-oriented, self-starter
- Comfort “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world
Your key responsibilities will be:
• Developing expertise in our Test Automation design and implementation.
• Responsible for automation infrastructure that will integrate development activities with tools for metric collection and reporting
• Definition and guidelines for unit, subsystem, integration, regression and exploratory tests
• Leveraging your broad technology capability set and maintain a level of excitement in using various technologies to architect, develop, and iteratively deploy Test Automation.
• Achieving an expert level understanding of our customers’ environments and their use of our products.
• Architecting and leading weekly technical delivery of one or more products in a way that maintains an unyielding focus on quality while matching the needs of the target customer base.
• Creating solutions architecture, algorithms, and designs for solutions that scale to the customer's enterprise/global requirements
• Manage accountability of team members, with pinpoint focus on quality; Personally accountable for resolution of the most technically challenging issues
• Ensuring our customers are supremely confident in the advantages and quality of our product and solution, and the technical services you lead to deliver them.
The Type of Chief Architects We’re Looking For
Crossover values a culture of excellence. We need technical genius who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and in solving complex problems for customers with high expectations. The position is only a great fit for someone who takes a truly hands-on approach to product development, design and engineering. It's a great opportunity to secure a high impact technical lead role in an expanding global software company that is growing both organically and through acquisition. The opportunity for exposure to new challenges is immense, as the acquisition of several new products and customer bases every year creates extremely interesting learning opportunities for motivated professionals who strive to create value in their work and to personally grow.
Pay: $50/hr or $100K/year
Location: Global (remote)
We’re one of the few legitimate companies offering high-paying jobs that are 100% remote, work from home. You never have to fight traffic to the office again and you have the freedom to choose when and where you put in your 40 hours to be most effective each week.
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of interviews and online skills examinations. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time - so we thank you in advance for your efforts.