Big Data Developer – Sibiu
We have a challenging opportunity for an ambitious developer to join ouream called Data Storage, a team responsible for the development and theperations of two Visma services: Visma Document Storage and Visma Transaction Storage.
Our services are hosted on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform and areuilt on top of Microsoft SaaS stack using Microsoft .NET technologies.
Some of the SaaS solutions we are using include: Azure AppServices, Redisache, Table Storage (NoSQL), Data Lake Store (Hadoop distribution), IoTub but also server-less technologies like Azure Functions.
As a big data developer, you will be working with our new service that isollecting, storing, processing and analyzing different types of customerata. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions for theseurposes, implementing and monitoring them. You will also be responsibleor integrating them with the architecture used across the rest of theervice.
We value security, code quality and use of patterns, and we expect thatou have a conscious attention towards security and quality in alleliveries.
The team is divided between Norway and Romania, working language isnglish and our development methodology is Agile/Kanban. Our developersork in small teams on a project basis in close contact with the otherevelopment teams.
Responsibilities and work tasks:
* Selecting and integrating Big Data tools and frameworks required torovide requested capabilities.
* Participating in modeling, design and work estimation.
* Implementation of new features.
* Writing unit tests and participate in testing of solutions.
* Keeping up-to-date on new technologies, methods and tools related tohe development processes.
* Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering.
* Experience with building stream- processing systems, using solutionsuch as Storm, Spark-Streaming or Azure Stream Analytics.
* Experience with NoSql databases.
* Familiar with MapR or HD Insights Hadoop distributions.
* Good knowledge of big data querying tools, such as Apache Drill,zure Data Lake Analytics, Pig, Hive or Impala.
* Experience with Spark nice to have.
* Experience as a developer working with C# and Microsoft’s web Web API, .NET Framework and .NET Core would be nice to have.
* Good knowledge of design patterns.
* Genuinely interested in technology with focus on SaaS architectures, Microservices and Web services.
What We Offer:
* You will be part of a dynamic and highly skilled team (R&D communityith 1000 employees).
* We offer you a creative working environment and the latestechnologies and tools.
* Good opportunities for career development working in differentrojects and in a large extensive international company.
* Modern work facilities.
* Possibilities to learn new stuff and get support from yourolleagues
* Company holiday apartments in Spain and France
* Attractive salary and benefits package (13th salary, medicalnsurance, pension PIII, meal tickets, sport plan)
* Coffee and cake :)