Back-End Developer – E-Commerce Team
Mittlere Stufe (2-5 Jahre), Höhere Stufe (5-10 Jahre)
Anzahl der offenen Stellen
Diese Stelle ist nicht mehr aktiv, aber Sie können Ihre Bewerbung senden
Vision of the role:
Ubisoft's IT department is currently looking for an experienced Back-End Developer to join the IT team in charge of developing the company’s E-Commerce ecosystem by building new features, integrating new services and keeping the storefront platform (based on Demandware) up to date. E-Commerce activity has an international footprint and company-wide impact integrating virtually all Ubisoft customer facing services.
As a member of the Demandware development team, the Backend Developer provides high quality code solutions, enhancement and support of Demandware ecommerce platform project. You are expected to learn the Demandware platform and become an expert in the API, management tools and capabilities.
You will use this knowledge to plan, write, and test code to meet the requirements of tasks assigned. You will use object oriented techniques to create reusable, easy to maintain code. The code must conform to Demandware best practices, code standards and perform well under load.
Ubisoft’s E-Commerce system is a fast developing segment, therefore the position requires strong understanding & experience in the area
- Solid Jquery knowledge
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Good understanding of Ajax
- Proficient working with a backend programming language
- Git versioning control system
- Familiar with OOP principles : encapsulation, abstraction, inheritance, polymorphism
- Hands on experience in working with an object oriented programming language: Java, PHP
- Reliable knowledge of design patterns
- Good command of web services (SOAP/REST)
- Deep understanding of web security vulnerabilities and knowledge on how to avoid them
- Multitasking skills
Will be considered a plus:
- E-Commerce Domain Experience
- Ability to set up design and code review checklist, standards and process aligning with the Product Owner
- Skills in defining and documenting technical solutions (ISD, TSD, workflows, diagrams)
- Experience on the Demandware platform is a big plus
- Use Demandware Script and other related development technologies, performs various tasks, such as design, development and testing of Demandware REST APIs, DW Pipelet, 3rd Party integrations and other back-end services.
- Perform all administrative options/tasks/interfaces available in Business Manager.
- Perform design and development of third party (backend) integrations like tax calculation, payment authorization, OMS, PIM, etc.
- Act on the deployment considerations specific to SaaS based cloud server
- Maintain the technical configuration of the E-Commerce environment
- Envisage the big picture when it comes to development and able to code defensively, without breaking other pieces of functionalities
- Perform root cause analysis and provide fixes for bugs raised by the QA team
- Follow application architecture standard, policies and procedures
- Write technical documentation as needed
- Deliver well commented code
- Implement technical solutions following industry/company standard best practices
- Ensure the code is optimized and the platform performance is not affected
- Validate implementation, ensure there is sufficient error handling and status logging capability
- Provide solid and reliable documentation on completed work items
- Perform advance research on different topics
- Creative / curious/ innovative: suggest improvements and offer alternative solutions
- Ability to ask in-depth questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts
- Good team player, able to enter relationships based on openness, mutual respect and positive energy
- Foster a “do the right thing attitude” and take initiative beyond job specificities to have the projects/ tasks advance
- Responsible and accountable for their actions
- Persevering, autonomous, takes initiative
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Able to take directions and assess business requirements, while proposing and implementing technical solutions in a skilled, autonomous manner
- Quality and result oriented
We offer a competitive salary, bonuses for your performances, medical services to keep you safe and sound, meal tickets for a happy lunch time and free access to a relaxation and fitness room.
But most of all, we guarantee you’ll enjoy our atmosphere and working environment.