Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems. Global Product Support (GPS) provides technical assistance for all Oracle products, ensuring maximum availability of Oracle customer’s systems and helping them to benefit from running the latest Oracle technology and applications. Additionally, GPS works closely with our Development organization on ensuring absolute product quality and provides high quality content for the online knowledge databases.
The area we are recruiting in is called Applications Technology Group and is the technical competency of the Oracle E-Business Suite. The support engineers in this competency are responsible in assisting customers with the Installation, Maintenance and Administration of Oracle Applications.
Brief Posting Description
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
- Computer Science degree
- Good knowledge of one or more Operating Systems
- Aptitude for customer focus
- Complex problem solving skills
- Self-motivated individual who is able to handle responsibility
- Excellent communication and organisational skills Advantage:
- 4-7 years experience and depth knowledge in installing, maintaining and administrating complex multi-tier applications.
- Experience in using and administrating one or more of the following technologies: Database administration, Application Server, JDeveloper or other IDE Java tools , E-business Suite, Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher or Enterprise manager would be an advantage.
- Good knowledge of UNIX, Linux, Windows or other relevant OS-system
- Good knowledge of Java and PLSQL